Tuesday, July 17, 2012

An Open Letter to My Customers:


When I say “Let me know what I can be doing for you”, I'm not really saying “Let me know what else I can be selling you”. I'm saying that I want your business to succeed. That's all. And I will do what I can to make that happen.
The motivation here is simple, but sometimes hard to see through the maze of sales and marketing gimmicks that stuff your email boxes. From my perspective, your success is a benefit. Even if you don't buy from me. If your business is doing well, it contributes to the overall health of the marketplace. My business is healthier when it exists in a healthier marketplace.
If your business is falling apart, it negatively affects my business. Not because I can't sell to you, but because a failing business is a drag on the entire market. My job is to connect you with as many ways for you to succeed as I can. Some of them may involve purchasing a product from me. Many of them will be service or expertise related, and money will never change hands between us, but I am glad to do them.
In the long run, I realize that I cannot fill every need your company has. I don't sell everything you use. What my company can offer, aside from a few of the things you need to do your job, is support. We have decades of experience in the industry and vast networks of suppliers and leaders in the industry to get answers from. And we are set up to do this while you do what you do to make money. What I get in return is the business you do give me, a healthier market in which to do business, and a greater understanding of the problems you face every day, so I can focus on solving those problems, to your benefit and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please register to leave your comment.