Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Quality Products + Quality Service = Satisfied Customers

It happens on a regular basis. The phone rings and an anxious homeowner asks what we will do about a broken gate hinge. I just dealt with a customer whose gate fell off because the hinge broke. He told me what size it was, and I shipped him a replacement, at no charge, asking only that he return the broken hinge to me so I can examine what went wrong. We do this so we can see how we can make our hinges better.

I got his old hinge back today. I was excited to see what had gone wrong. Whenever I get one of our hinges back damaged, it is because an unsecured gate has been forced back the wrong way through the opening, which bends the hinge against the gate post. A simple gate stop will prevent that, but even when contractors neglect to install a proper gate stop, we warrant our hinges. Forever.  (And we stress to our contractors how important a gate stop is!)

When I opened the box, this is what was inside:



This hinge wasn't broken by abuse. It wasn't forced backward through the opening. It fell apart under normal use because it is junk.  I don't know who made it, and quite frankly, don't care.

When people ask me why they should buy an American made Modern Fence Technologies hinge, this is why. That hinge was installed eight years ago. It broke because it was made of inferior quality materials, using an inferior design, and improper construction techniques. The contractor saved at most five or ten dollars per set of hinges on a fence job that cost the homeowner thousands. Do you think the customer would have paid a little more to avoid the hassle?  Do you think he's ready to give a referral to his friends for the contractor who sold him that?

Here is a picture of the hinge I sent him, of course, I sent him a white one:




Instead of buying poorly made inferior hardware and risking angry customers, contractors who use MFT hardware sometimes pay a little more, (and sometimes a little less), use American made, high quality hinges, charge their customers accordingly, and walk away with better profit, and more satisfied customers.

If you are ready to sell quality, American made gate hardware, make more money, and have more satisfied customers, call Modern Fence Technologies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please register to leave your comment.